Why is traffic API not returning any data?

• The traffic API was returning data fine yesterday but now it seems to be not returning any data.

And it doesn't seem to be just me, take a look at this little JS app (isn't mine) which was working fine yesterday (it was showing lots of road works etc), but now it shows nothing. (Info about that JS app

Any idea why its down?

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 10:03 AM

• Are you mixing Bing Maps traffic data with Google Maps? If so this is completely against the terms of use with Bing Maps. Also looking into your account I see that you have trial keys. These expire after 90 days and have very low transaction limits on them. It looks like your account is over 6 months old.  

They are also rate limited when there is a lot of load on the servers or when your account makes a high frequency of requests. This is done to give priority to enterprise accounts.

If you want to use the Traffic data in a JavaScript map control then use the TrafficManager in Bing Maps. It wraps the traffic service for you and automatically updates the data as you move the map:

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 11:33 AM