Problem with php(32bits) in windows 2003 server(64bits) RRS feed

• Question

• User-507786106 posted

Hello.

Today I tried to install php in my IIS server, the installation was pretty easy and after a few minutes I tried a simple "echo" script. The page returned was a "%1 is not a valid Win32 application" error, with a little search I found the (supposed) solution, "cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1", but the problem is it doesn't work.

The server has an almost clean install of IIS and has only been used as a database server.

I can't find any other solution or explanation, even after restarting the IIS several times, and the windows server too

Any ideas?

Friday, April 17, 2009 6:58 AM

All replies

• User-1653247517 posted

What steps did you follow to setup PHP handler? See if you missed any of the steps from the following article.

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/247/using-fastcgi-to-host-php-applications-on-iis-60/

Latest releases of PHP include an installer which can configure IIS FastCgi module as part of PHP install. You can try that as well.

Thanks,
    Kanwal

Friday, April 17, 2009 8:25 PM
  • User-507786106 posted

Hi.

I installed it manually as an ISAPI filter, I have done the same procedure many times in 32bit machines and it worked like a charm.

Thanks.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:10 PM