none
VS Express Web 2015 Crashes on View in Browser and Browse With

Question

• VS Express Web 2015 Crashes on "View in Browser" and "Browse With". 

How to fix?

thx

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hi johny w,

Please make sure your computer is not busy when running Visual Studio, such as Memory and CPU.

Then please try create a new web project to check whether this problem occurs with this specific project or all projects.

If just this specific project, please delete the .suo file in solution folder. You also can move this project's file to the new project one by one to check which file causes the problem.

If for all projects, please try with following steps to troubleshooting this problem.

1. Run Visual Studio as administrator.
    2. Run Visual Studio in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    3. Close all third part software, such as antivirus.
    4. Please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 5:48 AM

1. Run Visual Studio in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" to prevents all third-party VSPackages 

i can't find Deven.exe on my computer
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:06 AM
  • Try devenv.exe

The "v" went missing.

Best regards,

Peter

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:50 PM
  • i can't find DevenV.exe on my computer

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 6:39 PM
  • Hi johny w,

Since you are using Visual Studio Express for Web, please try uninstall all NuGet packages manually one by one to check which one would cause this problem.

If there are two many packages, you can try steps 3 and 4 first. After every possible steps we tried and the problem still exist, then we can try uninstall NuGet packages.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, December 31, 2015 2:26 AM