none
Is it required to do the WLK testing first before doing the HCK testing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

1. Is it required to do the WLK testing first before doing the HCK testing? Or there’s no bearing whether which of the test will be run first, for as long as WLK log/result will be submitted first.

2. Is it ok to install both DTM Controller and HCK Controller in one PC?

Thank you very much.

• Edited by Anacel Tuesday, August 5, 2014 2:36 AM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 2:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Anacel,

1. DTM Controller is only required for OS version below Windows 2008R2 or Win 7. If it's required, you can do WLK or HCK testing in any sequence. If you want to single cat files for Win 2008 and above OSes, so first submit the logs of WLK i.e. Win 2008 and then while submitting the logs of HCK, attach a Readme file, in which you have mention the submission ID of your DTM logs.

2. You can't install DTM and HCK Controller on one single OS. However, you can install two OSes on one PC on different partitions and install DTM and HCK on each OS.Keep the Computer Name different at OS level to avoid conflict.

Thanks,

Mudit

• Proposed as answer by Mudit Garg Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Anacel Tuesday, August 5, 2014 7:23 AM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Anacel,

1. DTM Controller is only required for OS version below Windows 2008R2 or Win 7. If it's required, you can do WLK or HCK testing in any sequence. If you want to single cat files for Win 2008 and above OSes, so first submit the logs of WLK i.e. Win 2008 and then while submitting the logs of HCK, attach a Readme file, in which you have mention the submission ID of your DTM logs.

2. You can't install DTM and HCK Controller on one single OS. However, you can install two OSes on one PC on different partitions and install DTM and HCK on each OS.Keep the Computer Name different at OS level to avoid conflict.

Thanks,

Mudit

• Proposed as answer by Mudit Garg Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Anacel Tuesday, August 5, 2014 7:23 AM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:19 AM
  • Hi Mudit,

Now its clear :)

Thank you very much for the help ^_^

Regards,

Anacel

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:46 AM
  • Hi Anacel,

if I'm able to answer your query, please mark my above reply as answer.

Thanks,

Mudit

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:58 AM