Run duration and test time does not match RRS feed

• Question

• Run duration and test time does not match, though the test is run for 2.4 hrs as per the image + cool down. after 1.40 hours the text shown is cool down for next 1 hr of the test duration. also during the warm up it shows 00:00 instead of 3 mins

I have the VSTS ultimate edition deployed

OS Name Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Regards

Shridhar

Saturday, July 23, 2016 4:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Adrian

I found out what was the underlying issue with Run Duration showing different values

Visual Studio was reading the time zone as UTC, whereas the system time zone was in UTC + 1Hour

Changed the timezone to UTC now it reflects the Run Duration as per the settings.

Where and how is visual studio reading the value from UTC time zone?

Regards
    Shridhar
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Shridhar,

>>after 1.40 hours the text shown is cool down for next 1 hr of the test duration.

If you set the "Run duration time<1.4 h", how about the result?

One possible reason is that it got certain Exceptions or Error which stopped the test's running.

So please collect the detailed error messages in your side.

In addition, click "table" option after the load test finished, and then visit the Test Details, it will share us the start and finished time for every test.

It seems that you use the VS2010, do you test it using high VS versions like VS2013 or VS2015?

Of course, for the VS2010, please also install the SP1. Please also check it in other VS2010 machine.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 25, 2016 4:14 AM
  • Ji Jadoo

As Jack said it could be the error threshold.  Also make sure you haven't specified the maximum number of iterations.

HTH

Monday, July 25, 2016 8:57 AM
  • Hi Jack 

See the below image on start of test it shows -ve value and anything below 1 hr test it shows the <g class="gr_ gr_17 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="17" id="17">cool  down</g> as text 

I have the 6 sec video to share let me know how do I share?

the version I use VS2013, I can see the test details section listing only 1 hour (start of test time) and If I do a sort (start time) I see the last 25 mins of 2 hours 40 mins test which has some pass and <g class="gr_ gr_27 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="27" id="27">fail</g> tests info , so why are you suggesting to relate this with run duration times?

only in the <g class="gr_ gr_66 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="66" id="66">vsts</g> I m unable to see the full list, backend in loadtest2010 database I can see the rows from start to end time

Hi Ian

The max # of iterations set value is 0 which is the default value

Regards

Shridhar

• Edited by Jadoo Monday, July 25, 2016 2:47 PM junk formatting removed
    Monday, July 25, 2016 2:37 PM
  • Hi Shridhar,

>>I have the 6 sec video to share let me know how do I share?

You could upload it to the one drive, and then share us the download link here.

In addition, if you add a simple web performance test to your load test, whether it still has this issue?

It seems that just the specific test has this issue in your side, do you write any load test or web test plug-in in your side?

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 12:22 PM
  • Sorry Jack for the delayed reply.

I do not see time remaining during web test, not sure how to view it !

I do not have any plugins in my tests as of now

Regards

Shridhar

• Edited by Jadoo Friday, August 12, 2016 9:41 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2016 9:39 AM
  • Can you put a copy of the ".loadtest" file onto Onedrive or another file sharing site so we can see the exact configuration you are using? Even better, can you share the whole project?

The "time remaining" for a load test is shown when the test runs, there is an example in the very first screenshot in this thread. A web test does not have any concept of time remaining.

Regards

Adrian

Friday, August 12, 2016 9:59 AM
  • Hi Adrian

I found out what was the underlying issue with Run Duration showing different values

Visual Studio was reading the time zone as UTC, whereas the system time zone was in UTC + 1Hour

Changed the timezone to UTC now it reflects the Run Duration as per the settings.

Where and how is visual studio reading the value from UTC time zone?

Regards
    Shridhar
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 12:33 PM
  • Hi Shridhar,

Glad to know that you have resolved this issue, and thanks for sharing your solution here.

Would you please mark your reply as the answer? So it would be helpful for other members who meet the same issue as yours.

>>Where and how is visual studio reading the value from UTC time zone?

Since one thread for one issue, would you please open a new case for this new issue? In this way, our discussion here will not deviate too much from the original issue. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Sincerely,

Jack

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:12 AM