none
Access - Template Cases - Shows Form! ID - Please, Help me remove that question!! RRS feed

• Question

• I have built a small database in MS Access using one of the template called ".cases" (as service desk)

When you make a double-clickIn at the second column, called "title". can you describe the case in details, but Before you enter the form It appears an very annoying box, called "set parameter value" and want me to fill in "Form!ID". Look attached pic....

Please Help me get rid of that box!! And Please, do it easy for me so I can understand :-D //BR, Ewa

Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry, I don't see an image.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:28 PM
  • Hello evilewe,

It seems that you are trying to open a form and then you are prompted to enter a parameter. It seems that the data source of the opening form need some parmeters. Please check what's the data source of the opening form and if it need a parameter.

By the way, for workaround to share a screenshot now, you could try to share it via cloud storage, such as One Drive, and then put link address here.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 18, 2018 5:15 AM
  • Hi evilewe,

You had mentioned that,"When you make a double-clickIn at the second column, called "title". can you describe the case in details, but Before you enter the form It appears an very annoying box, called "set parameter value" and want me to fill in "Form!ID"."

I try to make a test on my side and find that it is working properly and did not ask for Form Id.

At present, It looks like you had tried to modify the template cause this issue.

You can try to inform us, What did you change.

It can help us to narrow down the issue.

You can also try to provide steps, We will try to reproduce the issue at our end.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 18, 2018 8:45 AM
  • This box appears when I double click at the field or when I click the buttom "new case". I haven't modified the template. I can not find where I can remove the box...BR Ewa

Friday, May 18, 2018 10:24 AM
  • Hi evilewe,

I suggest you to create a new database from that template and check whether issue get solved or not.

It is possible that someone made some change but you are unaware about it.

Also possible that the database get corrupted and cause this issue.

So if your database contains data then you should try to compact and repair the database.

So if there is any corruption then it can removed by it.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:13 AM