Test Agent and Test Controller register failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to configure Test Manager to run Coded UI test. I have installed Test Controller, and Test Agent, and I created account that has admin access. Can I use this same account as logon account for the test controller service and for test agent (same account for everything)?

When I try to configure test Agent, I get error:

Failed to register this agent with test controller. Connection to the test controller failde because either test controller is inaccessible or service is not running.

SaalyBH

Monday, September 23, 2013 5:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I solve this issue. I wasn't logged in as Administrator, so I truned off Test Manager, and started as Administrator.

SaalyBH

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Sally,

Yes you can use same account for both of them.

Are you sure that port 6901 is opened between controller and agent? please chick the firewall as well.

Regards

Monday, September 23, 2013 7:30 PM
  • Hi,

thank you for your answer. I registered agent  and controller, and I try to create Standard Environment in Lab Center in MTM, but I get verification error:

Microsoft Test Manager cannot install test agent on these machines. Possible causes:

-Machines are not running or they are not available on the network

-The File and Printer Sharing exception is not enabled.

I checked File and Printer, and it is enabled.

SaalyBH

Monday, September 23, 2013 8:12 PM
  • Hi Sally,

I Supposed that you fix the second issue since you have created another post, if yes please update us with the solution.

Regards

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:26 AM
  • Hi,

I solve this issue. I wasn't logged in as Administrator, so I truned off Test Manager, and started as Administrator.

SaalyBH

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:35 AM
  • Can you tell me the way you solve the problem in more detail? I met the same problem ,and can't repair it untill now.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:01 AM