none
Question about aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys

Question

• Good afternoon,

I've been looking on google for a few hours, but have been unable to find anything to answer my question.

in our old SSRS 2005 instance, we have amended our web.config file to include the following:

</system.web>
      <appSettings>
          <add key="aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys" value="30000" />
      </appSettings>

What I cannot find however is if this setting is still valid in SSRS 2016?  I am currently migrating our settings/config over and would very much like to know that by doing this I'm not going to break anything.

Regards,

Andy

Friday, April 21, 2017 2:04 PM

All replies

• It looks like this setting controls how many parameter and values you can post to a reporting services instance.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/26c99b10-5fbd-4939-a2fb-0aad6281b3cb/ssrs-2012sharepoint-2010-integrating-mode-how-to-set-the-maxhttpcollectionkeys-for-parameters-in-a?forum=sqlreportingservices

I do not see an equivalent entry in rsreportserver.config.

Do you pass large numbers of parameter?

Friday, April 21, 2017 3:01 PM
  • Hi AndyB1978,

As we know, aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys specifies the the number of keys that ASP.NET applications can parse as part of a request. SSRS web.config file includes those settings that are required for ASP.NET. However, SSRS 2016 uses a new web portal to host new OData APIs.  This webhost process is not based on ASP.NET. So, aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys doesn't apply to SSRS 2016 web portal, moreover we cannot find the corresponding report manager folder which contains web.config file in SSRS 2016. However, we can still embed or modify this setting in Web.config for the Report Server Web service. (location: <Installation directory> \Reporting Services \ReportServer)

If you still have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Yuliana Gu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 4:00 AM