none
EWS Managed 1.1. - setting values on contacts from EWS not reflected in OL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Have an app that creates and updates contacts using EWS 1.1./MSX 2010. When updating, everything seems to be OK from EWS (no errors) on Save() and the data can be retrieved from EWS properly. However, in OL (2010), though the View shows the new updates, the detail dialog (inspector) does not. It's the old version (prior to the update from EWS). How can this be and what to do to correct?

Monday, March 12, 2012 2:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is Outlook running in Online or Cache Mode ?

When you use EWS your modifying the Store Property for the contact in this case directly in Outlook if its running in Cache mode then you have to wait until ICS will sync up the change to the property which wont happen straight away. Where you can run into problems is if you make changes at both ends and you get a conflict. You can check the conflicts folder to see if this maybe occurring. I would suggest you look at using a MapiEditor to second check the change is happening

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:33 AM
  • Hi Glen,

Yes we are in cache mode. I had thought of that. I am attempting *not* to change the item in OL to ensure that there isn't an unwitting overwrite. On retrieval of the item from EWS, the newly added properties are there and correct. So I know the store is getting the update. As I said, I also see the change reflected in the OL Explorer views, just not in the inspector. Which is very odd.  Not sure what I can do beyond that. 

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:25 AM