SharePoint Hijri date field not storing its value RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement to create custom field of type datetime, thte portal regional setting has been set to Hijri calendar;
    The problem that i added my custom field and associated it with custom content type .
    I had created a list definition and it contains my custom field as follows

<Field ID="{42580f9d-0aff-45b3-ae65-dc1ab8102d42}" Name="CalenderEventDate" StaticName="CalenderEventDate" Group="CalenderEventDate" DisplayName="CalenderEventDate" Type="DateTime" ColName="datetime1" CalType="6" RowOrdinal="0">

<Default>[today]</Default>

</Field>

I can see my column "CalenderEventDate" in the custom list;
    The problem i faced that when adding new item i can see the datetime field and i can select the date, but when click on save button the entered value of the datetime field "CalenderEventDate" disappears or it hasnt been saved at all. i can see the enetered date in the edit or view modes

What i noticed that when change the regional setting to read from Gorgean calendar the entered value is viewable ; the problem in other calendars like Hijri

Any suggestions

• Moved by Bob Beauchemin Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:42 PM Moved to a (hopefully, because no version of SharePoint was indicated) more relevent forum (From:.NET Framework inside SQL Server)
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:49 PM

All replies