none
How to Encrypt and Decrypt Email Subject Line using .net RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All..

I want to read email from emailserver using POP3 and I need to decrypt Email Subject Line ..how should i do the decryption

Thanks

Sandeep

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 6:55 AM

Answers

• It sounds like the people sending the email to you will need to provide the certificate with private key. They will encrypt the certificate with the public key and you can decrypt it with the private key.

To load the certificate for the BizTalk service account, you will first need to logon interactively with the account you use for the BizTalk service account. Then you will need to go to the command-line prompt and type mmc. This will open a new Microsoft Management Console where you can add the Certificates snap-in. After selecting that you want to add this mmc snap-in, you will see a wizard that asks you to specify the account to use in the Certificates mmc. You will need to specify the current account. This will take the account the service runs under and load the Certificates store (like a local database). Then you will need to right-click on the Personal folder and go to All Tasks\Import certificate, and browse to where you have the certificate.

Then its a good idea to save the new MMC that you created and restart your system so that the BizTalk service account can initialize with the certificate available.

Here is a link that describes the process of loading a certificate using the Certificates snap-in: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~deploypki/materials/web_authn/pages/IISonXP_AddingTrustedCACertToComputer.htm.

Thanks, 

Monday, July 14, 2008 11:37 AM

All replies

• I read on net that i need to include certificate in Biztalk Service Account ...how should i build certificate..as in my application infopath guys sending email to email server using DES encryption and from email server i need to fetch email by decrypting the mail...i can do that by using MIME decoder in pipelien..but i don't know how should i create certificate so that i can include in Biztalk Service Account ..

Pls reply...

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 11:56 AM
  • It sounds like the people sending the email to you will need to provide the certificate with private key. They will encrypt the certificate with the public key and you can decrypt it with the private key.

To load the certificate for the BizTalk service account, you will first need to logon interactively with the account you use for the BizTalk service account. Then you will need to go to the command-line prompt and type mmc. This will open a new Microsoft Management Console where you can add the Certificates snap-in. After selecting that you want to add this mmc snap-in, you will see a wizard that asks you to specify the account to use in the Certificates mmc. You will need to specify the current account. This will take the account the service runs under and load the Certificates store (like a local database). Then you will need to right-click on the Personal folder and go to All Tasks\Import certificate, and browse to where you have the certificate.

Then its a good idea to save the new MMC that you created and restart your system so that the BizTalk service account can initialize with the certificate available.

Here is a link that describes the process of loading a certificate using the Certificates snap-in: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~deploypki/materials/web_authn/pages/IISonXP_AddingTrustedCACertToComputer.htm.

Thanks, 

Monday, July 14, 2008 11:37 AM