none
settings of the gantt chart RRS feed

• Question

• I am copying one project into another by "copy and page"  in order to have severals projects together, the thing is that most of the settings, format bars and so on...  have changed. Also I  tried by creating a master and  adding subprojects and the problem is exactly the same. any help ?
    Monday, October 30, 2017 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hyphen London,

Yes that's what will happen if you simply copy and paste or even insert as a subproject. Formatting is unique to a view so after you create the new project as a compilation of several projects, go to the Organizer and find the views and view tables of interest in the original file(s) and copy those to the new file.

Note that the easiest way to create a single file from several files is to use the Insert Project function. However when you do so, unless you have a STRONG need to have the original files dynamically linked to the master, I suggest you un-check the "link to project" option in the lower right corner of the Insert Project window. Why? Because if you leave that option checked you will have a dynamic master but it will be prone to corruption.

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, October 30, 2017 4:15 PM