none
scanning with Kinect for Xbox360 RRS feed

• Question

• I am a Btech student from university of delhi and i am working on a research project that could take the measurements of a human body accurately. i have a kinect for xbox 360 and using visual studio 2010 c# express edition. For my project i need to scan the body and get its 3d image in stl format but this is the point where i am stuck. i know how to get the point cloud , get a 3d image of the portion of the body that is facing the sensor using kinect fusion toolkit but i am not able to take the entire scan of a body. does anyone has some idea about this. Thanks in advance.
    Friday, July 15, 2016 1:12 PM

All replies

• I can't help, but just wanted to give you a notice that you posted in Kinect for Windows v2 SDK rather than the following Kinect for Windows SDK forum:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=kinectsdk&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Of course you might have done it on purpose, hoping there are more Microsoft Employees around here. Sadly have to say I haven't seen them for two months here.
    Friday, July 15, 2016 5:07 PM
  • Apart from being in the wrong forum, you can either track the body orientation and somehow figure out what points to adjust in the point cloud, or try using multiple sensors. 360's sensor supported multiple sensors on one pc. Therefore you could try getting images from multiple directions(basic cardinal should be enough) and stitching the point clouds into one.I expect you'd find libraries doing that lying around.

Saturday, July 16, 2016 7:13 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. Will post my question in the other forum and look for the answers over there.
    Monday, July 18, 2016 9:56 AM