Issue exporting SSRS reports in Windows 10/IE 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all. I've run into a strange issue with SSRS (2008).

One of my colleagues recently upgraded his laptop. He is on a Windows 10 computer, running the most recent version of IE.

He can login to SSRS and view reports, but any time he tries to export the report it downloads and then opens to a blank page. There is no data in the exported report.

Is this just an incompatibility issue? Has anyone run into this before? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 4:14 PM

All replies

• Did you try with some other browser? Is it working fine in that case?

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:10 PM
  • Hi BexK,

What file format are you exporting SSRS report to? Is it happening on all the exported reports and all the file formats?

Also, you could try with switching to another browser and check the issue.

And if you export directly from SSDT, does this issue exist as well?

Best Regards,

Henry

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:59 AM
  • File export doesn't work in any format. Excel, PDF, CSV. None of them work.

We have tried in Chrome. The report does not load for view in the browser, but can be exported correctly.

We do not have access to export directly from SSDT, only from the SSRS site link.

Others using Win 7 and IE 11 can download fine from the SSRS site, so it seems particular to this Win 10/IE 11 setup.

Thanks,

Bex

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 3:47 PM
  • We have tried in Chrome. The report does not load for view in the browser, but can be exported correctly.

Thanks,

Bex

Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:37 PM
  • Hi,

It may be the compatibility issue between Windows 10/IE 11 and your SSRS 2008 version, if other environments work just fine.

Personally, I recommend you that submit this suggestion at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/ . If the suggestion mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to improve it in the later SQL Server version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Best Regards,

Henry 

• Proposed as answer by Henry Jiang Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:45 AM
    Monday, December 18, 2017 9:31 AM