none
[WHCK] Device Install Check For Other Device Stability (Certification) fail on Win8 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the same driver to test "Device Install Check For Other Device Stability (Certification)" on both Win7 and Win8. I can pass the test on Win7 but fail on Win8. There is an error (WDTF_DRIVER_SETUP_DEVICE : DiInstallDevice failed HRESULT=0x800F0203 - There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.) in the log and can be filtered by Filter 166. The driver can't be re-loaded after the testing and cause "run DeviceScan in difference mode (postinstall)" fail. 

Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:21 AM

Answers

• Please reference errata #374 with your submission - this errata applies when the "Run Test" task failures are completely filtered but the job is still marked as failed due to "Not Run" tasks that follow the "Run Test" task. 

Here are the exact steps that our reviewers will follow before applying errata #374.

======================================
    1. Open package file
    2. Review results for the following tests: "Device Install Check For Other Device Stability" and "Device Install Check for File System Consistency"
    3. Make sure that the following two conditions are met for this filter to apply:
    a) "Run Test" task in these jobs is filtered - i.e., make sure that you see a check mark with a green circle around "Run Test" task result
    b) The only other failure in these jobs is either in "Run DeviceScan in Difference Mode (postinstall)" task or "Run SFCLibrary in VerifyOnly mode"

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, May 6, 2013 6:00 AM