Redistribute? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I plan to build a Windows User control that hosts the Workflow designer. My idea is then to host this Windows user control on a web page so clients can do some simpler workflow editing on the web. Then I will post the output from the designer (xaml, codebeside, rules) to the web server where it gets compiled to an assembly, and afterwards used to create workflow instances from.

To get the above to work the clients will have to install the Workflow runtime dlls, my custom activities dll in GAC and have some security settings added to CAS on their machine. To achieve this my plan is to build and distribute a msi package that does the client installs that are nessecary.

My question is if I am allowed to redistribute the workflow runtime dlls in my msi? or must the clients install them separately through i.e. download from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5C080096-F3A0-4CE4-8830-1489D0215877&displaylang=en?

Regards

Johan Björnfot

Monday, September 4, 2006 8:32 AM

Answers

• The client will need to install .NET Framework 3.0 to get the runtime dlls installed you can not juse include the runtime dlls in your msi.
    Thursday, September 14, 2006 6:52 AM