none
Report Viewer 2016 - 140.1.291.2731477-rc - VSLangProj.dll, VSLangProj2.dll, VSLangProj80.dll, EnvDTE.dll, EnvDTE80.dll

Question

• I am using .NET 4.6 for a web application, created in Visual Studio 2015, and have been using Report View 2012 successfully for some time but with browser changes these no longer display properly in the newer browsers (i.e. Edge).

I have installed the Report Viewer 2016 components successfully and everything works on the development machine apart from I see this message:

"Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Warning  Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly. In Visual Studio, double-click this warning (or select it and press Enter) to fix the conflicts; otherwise, add the following binding redirects to the "runtime" node in the application configuration file: <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="EnvDTE" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-8.0.0.0" newVersion="8.0.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding><assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.SqlServer.Types" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="89845dcd8080cc91" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-14.0.0.0" newVersion="14.0.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding><assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Build.Framework" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-14.0.0.0" newVersion="14.0.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>"

I double click to fix and it adds some redirect lines in to the web.config which then makes the message go away.
    ALSO IF I CREATE A NEW BLANK ASP.NET PROJECT AND ADD REPORT VIEWER 2016 IT DOES EXACTLY THE SAME.
    Secondly, when I then publish the application to our web server (IIS 7.5) it complains that VSLangProj80.dll is not a valid Win32 application and the only way to remove this error is seems to be to change my IIS Application pool to allow 32 bit applications which I do not want to do.

When the application is first executed the following files are all introduced to the application Bin folder (VSLangProj.dll, VSLangProj2.dll, VSLangProj80.dll, EnvDTE.dll, EnvDTE80.dll) are old files from 2009/2010 so I am guessing this is the problem and that they should not be there.

Here are the steps to reproduce if it helps:

• Load Visual Studio
    • File, New Project, Installed \Templates\Visual Basic\Web
    • Web Forms
    • Tools, NU Get Package Manager, Packet Manager Console
    • Install-Package Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportViewerControl.WebForms -Pre
    • Save the project
    • Look in the project bin folder at this stage and none of the offending files will be present
    • Run the project (I am running in Edge)
    • Now you will see that the envDTE.dll, EnvDTE80.dll and three VSLangProj files have been added

Any help would really be appreciated as I would like to switch to Report Viewer 2016 as it will mean that I finally have a solution to make reports display correctly in the new browsers and I can stop asking people to use older ones.

Thank you in advance.
    Kind Regards
    Simon

Simon

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:15 AM

Answers

• Post moved to https://forums.asp.net/p/2115698/6116975.aspx?p=True&t=636227163403068483

Simon

• Marked as answer by AirComet Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi AirComet,

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Your issue is related to ASP.NET develop, I suggest you repost a new thread to the following forum for a professional answer. Thank you very much. :)

https://forums.asp.net/15.aspx/1?Getting+Started

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:31 AM
  • Post moved to https://forums.asp.net/p/2115698/6116975.aspx?p=True&t=636227163403068483

Simon

• Marked as answer by AirComet Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:46 AM