I don't have Vista, and cannot install Vista before anyone offers this as a solution!
I have played "HP and the Prisoner of Azkban" on my PC in the past when using InterActual Player with CyberLink PowerDVD versions 5 and 6 installed before Windows Player 10 automoatically updated to Player 11.
I can not play this DVD now
I have installed CyberLink DVDPlayer 7 downloaded the latest (free) version of InterActual Player updated my Radeon 7000 driver and repaired the NET 2 framework
I have tried the online search engine at InterActual but it just keeps returning the search box to enter "something specific
I have sent an email to Warner Brothers and posted a question to CyberLink Support
( other than re-install software - already done this)
I have Spybot, Windows Defender and NIS 2007 and none have found anything maliciousThursday, July 12, 2007 1:41 PM
This isn't the right forum for this. But since I have had a bit of experience in this area and I understand the frustration you are experiencing. Here are some tips:
1. Uninstall InterActual Player.
2. Download and run this DVD Decoder utility: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DE1491AC-0AB6-4990-943D-627E6ADE9FCB&displaylang=en (ignore the fact it is designed for MCE and its purpose is to tell you if you have a DVD decoder compatible with MCE) What you are using it for is to find out if you have a random DVD Decoder that is causing the problem. This will defiantly make Interactual not work, since it relies on the decoder installed. You will see in this tool which decoder is your default decoder. You can use this tool to change your default. BUT some soft players always want to be the default and they over ride your settings.
3. If you find that you only have one DVD decoder then I’d check to see your IE security settings has change, maybe you upgraded to IE 7 recently? Or a spyware program has changed the settings. You want to ensure that you can run an ActiveX control from a local source. Because InterActual is just a browser with an ActiveX control in it. You can also search for the ActiveX control (I think there are two from InterActual) and delete them by hand if they are not being deleted.
4. If you change any of these settings in steps 2 or 3 reinstall InterActual.
5. You can also try Windows Media Player as it will rely on the default DVD decoder and that is it!! Good chance if you have a good decoder you can always rely on Windows Media Player.
Denny B.Thursday, July 12, 2007 10:18 PM
I did this just before your message, I now have just 2 decoders listed CLVsd.ax and CLVSD.ax both part of CyberLink PowerDVD
I think it may have been a Nero 6 sound decoder interfeering with the Sony sound decoder in the CyberLink package but have yet to check (have removed Nero), also may have had a problem with downloading the InterActive Pack for PowerDVD from a link on Interactual - they diected me to DVD 6! I notice I have a reply from CyberLnk Supoort which I am about to read, hopefully directing me to the DVD 7 PackFriday, July 13, 2007 8:54 AM