Help! I'm New RRS feed

• Question

• User-1891596893 posted
    hi! i'm very new to mobile application as i am still a student! my question is if i want to develope a complete wireless application for WAP, what language should i use and what database is suitable? My WAP application is suppose to retrive data to be displayed after user has key in a value. Lets give an example is like user would like to check the status of rooms available for a hotel and the user would like to book a room using the WAP application. Should i use WML,WML Script or ASP.NET(Mobile Application)? Please help! i'm very confuse! i do not know which language is best to use so that moblile phones like Sonyericsson T320 or Mitsubishi M320 which uses WAP1.2.1 can support my mobile applications! pls......advice! Thanks! bye!
    Saturday, June 19, 2004 11:54 PM

All replies

• User604330581 posted
    Languages like WML, WMLScript, XHTML, etc. are languages that run on the browser - similar to HTML and ECMAScript. ASP.NET is an example of code that runs on the server, so that you can do server side processing of information from a browser. This code then sends WML, XHTML, etc. down to the phone. For an application that needs to store information on the server, you'll need a server side technology. For information, check out the Mobile tab on this side, and you'll see examples of mobile applications.
    Sunday, June 20, 2004 1:09 PM
  • User-1891596893 posted
    Hi! Thanks for ur infomation! U mean that if i want to create a something like hotel reservation web page for mobile phones with WAP1.2.1, i can use pure asp.net codings, then this asp.net codes will send wml codes to the WAP phone? is this what u mean sir? Thanks again! bye bye!
    Monday, June 21, 2004 2:21 AM
  • User2085740027 posted
    Hi , Developing an Mobile Application in .NET is similar to developing an Web Application. You no need to know the wml and wml script for developing in ASP.NET. .NET Render content (HTML, WML, CHTML..etc) depending upon the client device... Pls check the Mobile Magic series and other Mobile Related article in www.dotnetforce.com site. Thanks
    Monday, June 21, 2004 7:03 AM