Sharepoint site 404 not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hello we have following environment:-

1. TFS 2013 Update 2

2. Microsoft SQL Server 2012

3. Microsoft SharePoint 2010 

We have SharePoint Sites configured for few project when we try to access following error comes:-

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please help me in finding solution for this problem I need to sort it out very quickly Awaiting for any clues. 

savefpra

Monday, May 16, 2016 7:31 AM

Answers

• Hi savefpra,

According to your original description, the issue is more related to TFS. After we narrow down the issue, we find that we also can’t access the site collection that you created through SharePoint administration page. So it is related to SharePoint.

What I advised you to post to SharePoint is the issue of can’t access the site collection that created through SharePoint administration page, in other ways, you just need to open a thread of the issue related to can’t access the site collection that created through SharePoint administration page. This issue is not related to TFS.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 20, 2016 8:48 AM

All replies

• When I try to create new Project in TFS with SharePoint site configured It throws following error:-

TF218017: A SharePoint site could not be created for use as the team project portal. The following error occurred:HTTP code 404 not found.

Guys please help me in sorting this problem early.

savefpra

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 6:02 AM
  • Hi savefpra,

Thank you for posting here.

First check if there's something wrong with your sharepoint.

Log on your SharePoint administration site(http://servername:portNumber/default.aspx) to create a new site. Could you connect to the new site?

In TFS administration console, a collection usually has a sharepoint site for it, can you connect to the site from browser?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 6:44 AM
  • when I try to go to screenshot path above and tried editing default site location and clicked ok it has thrown error that 404 not found.

savefpra

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 10:05 AM
  • I tried resetting IIS, cleared TFS cache, cleared TFS cache for local user. reconfigured sharepoint product but still could not get desired resolution can you guys please help me in sorting this problem as soon as possible.

savefpra

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:52 AM
  • Hi savefpra,

Is your other sharepoint site also can't access or only this site can't access?

If other site is ok, in the TFS admin console, re-configure the collection site by change the site path, it will create a new site for you.

If all the sites for collection can't access, in sharepoint administration page, create a new site, check if this new site can access.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:54 AM
  • Hello thanks for reply I can't access any of the site and when I tried to create new site collection as per your suggestion site is getting created successfully but when I try to access that site through the new link same 404 not found error again shows up on screen I really can't figure out what maybe the problem is...Please Please help me out from this situation...thanks in advance. 

savefpra

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 4:39 AM
  • Hi savefpra,

Do you mean you can’t access the new site collection that created in SharePoint administration page? If so, I think there are some wrong in your SharePoint and this issue is related to SharePoint, I suggest that you should post it to SharePoint forum to fix the issue of site collection, then try configure SharePoint in TFS.

Regards

Starain

Thursday, May 19, 2016 9:20 AM
  • Hello thanks for reply i have posted it in SharePoint forum prior to this they have suggested to move it to TFS discussion as it is integrated with TFS so I did posted it here. 

Please I guys help me out in this situation I need some urgent and exact resolution.

savefpra

Thursday, May 19, 2016 11:26 AM
  • Hi savefpra,

According to your original description, the issue is more related to TFS. After we narrow down the issue, we find that we also can’t access the site collection that you created through SharePoint administration page. So it is related to SharePoint.

What I advised you to post to SharePoint is the issue of can’t access the site collection that created through SharePoint administration page, in other ways, you just need to open a thread of the issue related to can’t access the site collection that created through SharePoint administration page. This issue is not related to TFS.

Regards

Starain

Friday, May 20, 2016 8:48 AM