top border poster css master page RRS feed

• Question

• User715373645 posted

Hello: At the very top of the page, above the "poster" image is some space. Now I can reduce this width by putting negative values in #poster margin_top.

This seems a bit of a cludge. Where is this spacing actually set within the club site?

Thanking all.

#poster margin-top

Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:42 AM

All replies

• User-158764254 posted

If you're using IE, you can hit F12 to bring up the developer tools.

Then grab the pointer tool and click on the poster image in the browser to select it.

you'll then see the css affecting it.  you can then move the selection to its container and see the css affecting the container.  Perhaps the container has some padding.

over on the right side of the developer tools, you'll see both the relevant css selectors as well as the stylesheet name where they came from.

Saturday, February 26, 2011 11:04 AM
  • User715373645 posted

Thanks Mike.

I am using IE 7, so do not have the tool to which you refer. The instruction is being issued right at the beginning of the master page. Indeed, if I look at the MP in Design mode, I can see the gap. The layout seems to be fixed however, nothing I do changes the positioning of the controls in the master page. The properties all seem empty and I can find no reference to padding.

B

Saturday, February 26, 2011 7:28 PM