Cannot deploy after adding dependency to VCLibs.110 in package.manifest

Question

• First I got app certification kit test errors. After adding dependency to VCLibs.110 in package.manifest, these errors are gone. But I have problem to deploy the app.

Here is the new error:

Error 2 Windows cannot install package ****************** because this package depends on another package which could not be found. This package requires minimum version 11.0.0.0 of framework Microsoft.VCLibs.110 published by any publisher to install; On 64-bit machines, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of each framework must be installed to install the package. Provide the framework along with this package. 

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:46 PM

All replies

• You should never have to explicitly add references to the VCLibs.  If you are making a C++ app, you will simply get a subdirectory created under your deployment folder like : YourApp_X.0.0.0_Win32_Debug_Test\Dependencies\X86 and X64. 

I think you should revert back to the app certification kit test errors.  Can you paste the error(s) you were getting, and what kind of app you are working on?

Thanks,
    Matt

XAML SDET Lead : Input / DirectManipulation / Accessibility

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:56 PM
  • If remove the <PackageDependency>, I got two errors in the cert kit test:

App manifest compliance test
    FAILED
    App manifest
    1. Error Found: The app manifest test detected the following errors:
      • ### takes a dependency on Microsoft.VCLibs.110 framework but is missing the framework dependency declaration in the manifest

Supported Metro style API test
    FAILED
    Supported APIs
    • Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
      • API ??0Delegate@Platform@@Q$AAA@XZ in vccorlib110.dll is not supported for this application type. ***.dll calls this API.
      • API ??0NotImplementedException@Platform@@Q$AAA@XZ in vccorlib110.dll is not supported for this application type. ***.dll calls this API.
      • API ??0Object@Platform@@Q$AAA@XZ in vccorlib110.dll is not supported for this application type. ***.dll calls this API.
      • API ?Allocate@Heap@Details@Platform@@SAPAXI@Z in vccorlib110.dll is not supported for this application type. ***.dll calls this API.
      • API ?AllocateException@Heap@Details@Platform@@SAPAXI@Z in vccorlib110.dll is not supported for this application type. ***.dll calls this API.
      • API ?CreateException@Exception@Platform@@SAP$AAV12@H@Z in vccorlib110.dll is not supported for this application type. ***.dll calls this API.
      • API ?EventSourceAdd@Details@Platform@@YG?AVEventRegistrationToken@Foundation@Windows@@PAPAXPAUEventLock@12@P$AAVDelegate@2@@Z in vccorlib110.dll is not supported for this application type. ***.dll calls this API.

etc. This is a long list, including similar errors for vccorlib110.dll, msvcp110.dll, msvcr110.dll

I looked into the first error, and add the <PackageDependency>, then all the errors are gone. But later on, I cannot deploy anymore.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:30 PM
  • Also, it is metro style app. The main project is in xaml and c#, another project is a winRTcomponent in c++ which is loaded dynamically at run time by the main project.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:32 PM
  • Is there a solution for this problem?

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:50 PM
  • How to solve this problem?

I also meeting this issue on win8 Release preview + VS2012 environment.

• Proposed as answer by kolosan Tuesday, July 10, 2012 4:23 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by kolosan Tuesday, July 10, 2012 4:23 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 6:03 AM
  • Sharing so this might help someone. I had a similar issue. For me I was overlooking the fact that there is an additional failure reported in the report due to the package being in 'Debug' mode rather than 'Release'. So earlier I too introduced a manual entry of VCLibs in package manifest and that at-least fixed the above two errors (as CA_Bay reported) during App Cert Kit examination however later trying to deploy the app on local machine in 'Release' mode I faced following two errors within Visual Studio environment,

Error 2 Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app in the layout folder "XXX\bin\Release\AppX" failed.

Error 3 Windows cannot install e969f76c-2a8b-45fa-a033-7c83ccbXXXXX because this package has multiple dependencies on the same package Microsoft.VCLibs.110. Remove all redundant dependency declarations.

These errors were only reported in 'Release' mode. So I couldn't test any further the App Cert Kit with app in 'Release' mode. Thus I went back, manually edited my package.manifest file and removed the dependency I introduced earlier and the app got build fine, deployed fine in release mode and also passed the app cert kit report.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:57 PM
  • Hi,

I don't know if this is still relevant, but I encountered the same error in deployment. After looking at the the file: SDKManifest.xml, found under: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.VCLibs\11.0 I saw that instead of writing Microsoft.VCLibs.110 one should write the EXACT name as it appears in this .xml file (in my case: Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00).

After that, deployment went smoothly.

• Proposed as answer by BullyOwner Friday, September 7, 2012 9:31 PM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 7:53 AM
  • Worked for me!
    Friday, September 7, 2012 4:35 PM
  • Hi xcRacer,

How this is worked for you. In my case there is no problem with SDKManifest.xml file

//Suman

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:02 AM
  • The post above by Chairman_ZZZ had the answer.

Make sure you set the name of the VCLibs SDK to:

Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00

• Proposed as answer by Diomidis Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:22 PM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:02 AM
  • I encountered this issue on a 32bit machine. My VCLibs SDK is set to

Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00 already.

There is no "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs" or "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs" or even SDKManifest.xml on the machine.

Does this mean I need to install "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Package"? If yes, what's correct URL to download? I tried http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 but couldn't install the x86 version.

Thanks a lot!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:14 PM