none
.NET Framwork 4.5 install on Windows 7 Desktop RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am trying to install .NET Framwork 4.5 on my Desktop system running Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1. I received a Installation Did not succeed message telling me that the storage control block address is invalid. I have to install version 4.5.50709 or greater in order to install released version of Visual Studio 2012. Does anyone have any idea on how to track down this problem.

Friday, September 7, 2012 11:16 PM

All replies

• 4.5 is installed as part of the VS 2012 install. Why are you trying to install it separately?

In any case, please share your logs for analysis as follows:

collect your install logs with this:

http://aka.ms/vscollect

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Saturday, September 8, 2012 2:14 AM
  • Hi PLKelly,

Have you had your issue resolved? If not, please kindly provide us the installation logs with the method pvdg42 offered above.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, September 10, 2012 6:29 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, September 24, 2012 3:04 AM