none
source code - Virtual Light Sensor Driver RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 7 SDK samples provide only the source code for a client consuming sensors. Consuming a sensor is easy. The source code for a good sensor driver is much more desired - is this driver source available ? Are any other sensor driver source samples available ? Are any other logical sensor driver source samples available ? Thanks
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 3:48 PM

All replies

• Yes, the Windows 7 WDK has sample Sensor Drivers - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff545867(v=VS.85).aspx
    • Marked as answer by A A A A AModerator Thursday, March 3, 2011 7:36 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Moris Dov Tuesday, March 8, 2011 11:06 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 7:36 PM
  • Thank you very much Arvind. I wasn't clear enought in my first post. The Windows 7 WDK indeed has sample source code for only the MSDN documented - general skeleton sample and time sensor sample drivers. I was and still looking for additional source code of drivers, real and virtual. The Windows 7 WDK also has the source code - for a consumer application, of an included precompiled virtual light sensor driver. sharing the source code of the light sensor driver itself (not its consumers application source code) would be helpfull to many developers and will be very welcome. If possible please send an email to the developer of this virtual light sensor driver, to make the source code available. Thank you very much.
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 11:38 AM
  • Just to be clear here: The Windows 7 SDK (not WDK) has source code for Sensor Applications (i.e. clients consuming Sensor data) while the Windows 7 WDK has source for Sensor drivers.

Having said that, can you explain what you would like to do with the Virtual Light Sensor driver ? The driver source for that is fairly similar to the WDK Sensor sample drivers, so I'm trying understand your scenario to better point you in the correct direction.

Friday, March 18, 2011 4:54 PM