none
cannot find x.509 certificate that shows up as installed in certmgr RRS feed

• Question

• This application generates a message that the X.509 certificate cannot be found.

The Application is in vb.net.

Running Windows 10 Pro - up to date.

certmgr is showing that the cert is installed in Certificates - Current User | Personal | Certificates

The error message says it cannot find the cert in StoreName 'My', StoreLocation 'CurrentUser', FindType 'FindbyIssuerName', FindValue 'CAIR Standalone Issuing CA'

The error message has no space between 'Current' and 'User'. certmgr has a space between 'Current' and 'User' Maybe that is just a display anomaly. However if that space is critical, the code that searches for the cert needs to set the search StoreLocation and that is something I do not know how to do.

here is the generated code in the app.config file.

</diagnostics>
            <behaviors>
                <endpointBehaviors>
                    <behavior name="CDPHSecure">
                         <clientCredentials>
                            <clientCertificate findValue="CAIR Standalone Issuing CA" x509FindType="FindByIssuerName" />
                        </clientCredentials>
                    </behavior>
                </endpointBehaviors>
            </behaviors>

Here is the code that generates the error

Try
                    ws1 = New CDPH_transfer.CDPH_transferPortTypeClient("CDPH_transferHttpsSoap11Endpoint")

Catch ex As Exception
                    'MsgBox("ws1 creation error " + Chr(10) + "error number " + Err.Number.ToString + Chr(10) + ex.Message)
                    WriteLog("OPS; ws1 creation error " + Err.Number.ToString + " " + ex.Message)   '   5.4.1.510

Why is the error generated if the certificate exists?

Here are screenshots showing that the certificate is present, and the error message that is generated.

xxx

This application generates a message that the X.509 certificate cannot be found.

The application is in VB.Net

Running windows 10 Pro - up to date.

certmgr is showing that the cert is installed in Certificates - Current User | Personal | Certificates.

The error message says it cannot find the cert in StoreName 'My', StoreLocation 'CurrentUser', FindType 'FindbyIssuerName', FindValue 'CAIR Standalone Issuing CA'

The error message has no space between 'Current' and 'User'. certmgr has a space between 'Current' and 'User' Maybe that is just a display anomaly. However if that space is critical, the code that searches for the cert needs to set the search StoreLocation and that is something I do not know how to do.

Here are two screen shots showing the error message and certmgr

This application generates a message that the X.509 certificate cannot be found.

certmgr is showing that the cert is installed in Certificates - Current User | Personal | Certificates.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 4:29 PM

All replies