Report Viewer print Button missing from browser RRS feed

• Question

• User1465791785 posted
    <rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="8pt" Visible="False" WaitMessageFont-Names="Verdana" WaitMessageFont-Size="14pt" Width="666px">
            <LocalReport ReportPath="Reports\Advance.rdlc">
                <DataSources>
                    <rsweb:ReportDataSource DataSourceId="SqlDataSource1" Name="DataSet1" />
                </DataSources>
            </LocalReport>
        </rsweb:ReportViewer>
        <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ConectionString %>" SelectCommand="AdvCertificate" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure">
            <SelectParameters>
                <asp:Parameter Name="AdvYear" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="AdvCuo" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="AdvCertificateId" Type="Int32" />
            </SelectParameters>
        </asp:SqlDataSource>

hi, i have a report viewer, i can see the print icon in the report viewee in the design mode, but when i run that page in the browser, the print icon is missing from the report viewer, and i have set show print button to true,

it cannot be seen from firefox , IE n chrome

Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:05 AM

Answers

• User-1185172246 posted

ReportViewer client printing feature relies on ActiveX which is not supported by any browser except IE 9 (or earlier), that's why you do not get print button when Chrome, Firefox or IE10/11 browser is involved. For printing, you should export to PDF and let the user to print it. That's the "manual" approach. If you are able to write some .NET code, then you can do that programatically as described here or do it by yourself.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, January 20, 2014 9:41 AM