how to access radio button/checkbox button used in Telerik Tree as <NodeTemplate> RRS feed

• Question

• User601844714 posted

Hi All,

I have used telerik tree view control in my code to select users as info and to field.

<telerik:RadTreeView ID="tvToDirectorate" runat="server" CheckChildNodes="True" OnNodeClick="tvToDirectorate_NodeClick"

OnDataBinding="tvToDirectorate_DataBinding" OnNodeDataBound="tvToDirectorate_NodeDataBound1"

DataFieldParentID="lParentID" DataTextField="sDisplayName" DataValueField="lValueID"

DataFieldID="lValueID" OnNodeExpand="tvToDirectorate_NodeExpand" >

<NodeTemplate>

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" align="right">

<tr>

<td style="width: 50%">

<asp:CheckBox ID="rdTo" name='<%# Container.Value %>' runat="server" GroupName="toinfo" Visible="true" />

</td>

<td style="width: 50%">

<asp:CheckBox ID="rdInfo" name='<%# Container.Value %>' runat="server" GroupName="toinfo" Visible="true"/>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</NodeTemplate>

</telerik:RadTreeView>

The checkboxes are dynamically creating name with different IDs. Now I want following.

1. I want to access name in JavaScript so that I would be able to select one checkbox as “Info” or “To”. Currently at a time both can be selected but that’s not good.
    2. Secondly if I am using radio button that is a good choice. But I want to deselect when double click radio button. And I cannot be able to access the radio button on run time.

On main window I am using telerik grid control where using

<EditFormSettings EditFormType="WebUserControl" PopUpSettings-Modal="true" PopUpSettings-Width="800px" UserControlName="~/UserControls/ucMailRecipient.ascx">

<PopUpSettings Modal="True" Width="800px" />

</EditFormSettings>

When click on “Add Recipients” popup window with “Modal=True” open where we selects the users.

We cannot use “document.getElementById("rdTo").checked;” since its dynamically creating.

And may be name should like “$ctl_TreeView_”  etc may be.

Please if anybody helps to tackle this problem. Many thanks for your help.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:23 AM

All replies

• User1890873615 posted

I'm not sure I fully understand the problem, but in general you can use this in ASP.NET to get the dynamically generated IDs that ASP.NET produces:

<%= rdInfo.ClientID %>

This will result in the correct HTML ID being output so that you can use code like "document.getElementById" (or even more handy, use jQuery and $() selectors).

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:51 PM