Can we upgrade directly from Trial Edition From VS 2008 Team Suite to VS 2008 Development Edition for Team System? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,  I am playing with VS 2008 Team Suite Trial Edition. Is it possible for me to directly upgrade that to VS 2008 Development Edition for Team System.
    Please let me know. If this can be done please provide me with  help URL/information for the Same.

Thanks,
    Rajeev
    Monday, June 15, 2009 7:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Rajiv, You will not be able to directly upgrade from Team Suite (Trial Edition) to Team Edition for Developers. First of all they have different installables which are not compatible with each other. Secondly, TESD is just a part of Team Suite making your migration from a richer environment to a much restricted one. What you probably can do is to migrate from Team Suite (Trail) to Team Suite (Pro).
    VP, Technology, SEED Infotech Ltd.
    • Marked as answer by Bill.Wang Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:54 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2009 4:52 PM
  • Hi Subhodh,

Thanks for the answer and confirmation. 
    Actually I was trying for a TESD  trial version, but it was not available and hence I had to download VSTS Trial Edition.
    Currently I am  thinking of upgrading to TESD.  Ideally there should have been a TESD trial Edition too.
    So, that upgrading to Licensed version would have been easier........

Thanks again,
    Rajeev
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 6:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Rajiv, You will not be able to directly upgrade from Team Suite (Trial Edition) to Team Edition for Developers. First of all they have different installables which are not compatible with each other. Secondly, TESD is just a part of Team Suite making your migration from a richer environment to a much restricted one. What you probably can do is to migrate from Team Suite (Trail) to Team Suite (Pro).
    VP, Technology, SEED Infotech Ltd.
    Monday, June 15, 2009 4:52 PM
  • Hi Subhodh,

Thanks for the answer and confirmation. 
    Actually I was trying for a TESD  trial version, but it was not available and hence I had to download VSTS Trial Edition.
    Currently I am  thinking of upgrading to TESD.  Ideally there should have been a TESD trial Edition too.
    So, that upgrading to Licensed version would have been easier........

Thanks again,
    Rajeev
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 6:02 AM