Help: Unable to "Host Inside" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am configuring and external EXE (terminal emulator) with "Host Inside UI" checked. No matter how I tried the app is still loading outside CCF Agent Desktop. I have tested many external apps like wordpad, they all work fine. The only different I can see is the emulator is huge and taking up lot of memory. What is the limitation to host an EXE?

Any idea what is causing this and why ?

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 2:19 AM

Answers

•  

Still CCF is weak in hosting some types of application like VB6 and Java, and its return to how the vb6 and java talk with the OS try to catch any java control via sp++ or any tool you like and send me the result J

Any way CCF 2008 is coming with new feature in hosting application it’s a text box on the left bottom of the add\modify application form I guess its name something to find window by class or something like this.

You can uses the Find Window API to find the window handle.  It needs the Caption and Class parameters.  If they are not supplied, the string will pass a null.

Monday, July 14, 2008 8:12 AM

All replies

•  

Still CCF is weak in hosting some types of application like VB6 and Java, and its return to how the vb6 and java talk with the OS try to catch any java control via sp++ or any tool you like and send me the result J

Any way CCF 2008 is coming with new feature in hosting application it’s a text box on the left bottom of the add\modify application form I guess its name something to find window by class or something like this.

You can uses the Find Window API to find the window handle.  It needs the Caption and Class parameters.  If they are not supplied, the string will pass a null.

Monday, July 14, 2008 8:12 AM
  • I had it solved last week, using the ultimate Try-n-error methodology! Smile

You are right, using Find Window (caption) option does the job.  

Pity us who don't know if the app is written in VB or C++ or it could be Delphi.

Thank you anyway.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 2:06 AM