custom app for uploading multiple documents with mandatory fields RRS feed

• Question

• I have a category meta data field for document library in a sharepoint site in office 365. The user without selecting the category field(even though it is made mandatory) can drag and drop/ upload the documents successfully. But i want to restrict the users to select the category field while uploading a document. More over user should upload multiple documents.

Should i need to go for an auto hosted app for this with file upload controls.

Please advice

Regards,

Chaitanya

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Chaitanya,
    According to your description, my understanding is that you want to enforce mandatory fields no matter when users drag and drop or upload documents in form.

Per my knowledge, when we upload multiple documents(drag documents) to the library in SharePoint 2013, we will not get the prompt for filling the mandatory fields. However, the documents uploaded will not be checked in until the required fields are filled with data.

To get the goal, we need to create custom solutions to achieve this goal or use Enhanced Document Upload product which is not free in this link:
    http://sharepointsnapple.com/enhanced-document-upload/.

Best regards.
    Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Saturday, December 21, 2013 4:08 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:13 PM

All replies