none
Actual Hours and Planned Hours RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

We are using project server 2007 sp2.  Is it possible for the timesheet hours that are enter through either pwa or outlook add-in.  The plan hours are overwriting the actual work hours.

Thanks for your assistance. 

kkmick

• Edited by kkmick Thursday, January 6, 2011 4:15 PM mistake
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:25 PM

Answers

• This only happened in one situation?

• If you are entering hours in timesheet (not in "My Tasks") nothing should happen to work. If it happened only once, is it possible that this resource imported timesheet into "My Tasks"?
    • If you enter hours in "My Tasks", submit, approve and publish, work should always be overwritten - not only in one situation.

Regards
    Barbara

P.s.: If you are using a tied-mode solution, work should also be overwritten

• Marked as answer by kkmick Thursday, January 6, 2011 7:36 PM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am not sure if I understand your question? Do you want to keep your original planning? In Project, facts are harder than planning, so hours in Work are "corrected" by Actual Work. If you want to keep original information, you have to save a baseline. So you can compare and track any changes applied to your plan.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:46 PM
  • Hi Barbara:

There was one situation that the work hours were overwrite by actual work hours after the timesheet was submitted.  We are not trying to compare them.  We found it that it was odd that the work hours are exactly the same actual hours.  We are using baseline to compare them.

Thanks,

kkmick

Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:30 PM
  • This only happened in one situation?

• If you are entering hours in timesheet (not in "My Tasks") nothing should happen to work. If it happened only once, is it possible that this resource imported timesheet into "My Tasks"?
    • If you enter hours in "My Tasks", submit, approve and publish, work should always be overwritten - not only in one situation.

Regards
    Barbara

P.s.: If you are using a tied-mode solution, work should also be overwritten

• Marked as answer by kkmick Thursday, January 6, 2011 7:36 PM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:47 PM
  • Hi Barbara:

This is very possible.  We just start using project 2007.  Thanks for you help. 

Regards,

kkmick

Thursday, January 6, 2011 7:38 PM
  • It might be that the task was set to 100% complete and there were still planned hours out there.....That will definitely overwrite!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:50 PM