How do I increase the height of a web part zone? RRS feed

• Question

• I created a web part page and added a Report Viewer web part. It works fine, but the zone is too short to display much of the report. I could manually change the height and width of the web part, but I'd rather increase the height of the parent web part zone container. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. We're using MOSS 2007. Thanks in advance for any help. Christian Bahnsen
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 4:09 PM

Answers

• I created a web part page and added a Report Viewer web part. It works fine, but the zone is too short to display much of the report. I could manually change the height and width of the web part, but I'd rather increase the height of the parent web part zone container. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. We're using MOSS 2007. Thanks in advance for any help. Christian Bahnsen

Web part Zone is in each page not in master page.So eventhough you increase the height have to do it in each page.In master page  place holder main loading the zone check you can give height attribute there
    Destin -MCPD: SharePoint Developer 2010, MCTS:SharePoint 2007 Application Development
    Friday, October 7, 2011 6:12 PM

All replies

• You can open the webpart page with Sharepoint Designer 07 and click on the zone in design mode. That should highlight the zone control in the code view. You can wrap the webpart zone withing a <DIV> element and specify the style for that div element. Webpart zone will inherit the style. Hope this helps.

Thanks, GeeVed
    • Edited by GeeVed Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:18 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:18 PM
  • Hi,

Open the page layout in SPD.

Go to Split mode.

Then click on the webpart zone you want to modify. This will then select the corresponding code in the code part.

Now add an attribute Height there and provide a value as per your requirement.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, October 7, 2011 3:28 AM
  • Hi Christian,

As per my knowledge, the webpart zone takes the height of the largest web part in it, so try finding if there is any other web part besides the one in question and try modifying its height. Do let me know if you made any success.

Thanks,
    Sachin

Friday, October 7, 2011 11:10 AM
  • Sachin, I tried another web part and the web part zone apparently has a default setting, so no, the web zone does not automatically adjust itself to the height rendered by the web part. I will test the SPD suggestions shortly and report my results. Thanks to all for your help. Chris
    Friday, October 7, 2011 12:27 PM

Web part Zone is in each page not in master page.So eventhough you increase the height have to do it in each page.In master page  place holder main loading the zone check you can give height attribute there
    Destin -MCPD: SharePoint Developer 2010, MCTS:SharePoint 2007 Application Development
    Friday, October 7, 2011 6:12 PM