Webview doesn't appear ? (WinJS Problem)

Question

• Hello,

(Sorry for my bad english...)

I'm trying to use webviews in my HTML code with Cordova, but when I test the app, nothing appears. The log say that "navigate" is undefined...

So I suppose WinJS is missing. I notice I have the "Windows Library for JavaScript 1.0", and I need the 2.0

When I have installed the package via Nuget, the 3.0 was downloaded. And again, impossible to show the webview...

I decided to make a new Project without Cordova, and webviews work with the already included "Windows Library for JavaScript 2.0" reference.

I noted the path reference, but in my Cordova project, impossible to add the reference, the selector accepts only ".winmd" files. And the path targets an ".appx" file. How can I add it ?

Moreover, I tried the command line :

Install-Package winjs -Version 1.0.9600.17018

But it says the version doesn't exist, so I looked the versions list, but I can't know which is.

Have you any idea ? Maybe a solution for the WinJS 3.0 ? I tried to include the .js manually, but it didn't work :(

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 8:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Sneko,

Could be, but I would suggest you to contact Cordova support for a more sufficient help.

As I can find from release note of Cordova 3.6 http://cordova.apache.org/announcements/2014/09/22/cordova-361.html, seems you have to upgrade to 3.6 for supporting Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 6:33 AM

All replies

• I believe I understand the problem. I'm using Cordova 3.5.0 which isn't accept the Windows 8.1 app...

Maybe I need update to 3.6.0 :)

I will try tomorrow because I'm tired ;) !

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 9:06 PM
  • Hi Sneko,

Could be, but I would suggest you to contact Cordova support for a more sufficient help.

As I can find from release note of Cordova 3.6 http://cordova.apache.org/announcements/2014/09/22/cordova-361.html, seems you have to upgrade to 3.6 for supporting Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 6:33 AM