none
Approve/Reject button disabled RRS feed

• Question

• Following - Hitchhiker's Guide to Demand Management Case Study

I created a new project entry, it gets past first stage and goes to Waiting for Approval stage (by the PM group). PM see the task in the Workflow Approval as a task list for approval. Edit Item and the Approve/Reject buttons are disabled. I verified the permissions for this PM user and tried giving him full access on My Projects and My Resouces in global permissions. Am I missing any thing?? The PM is able to edit the task by adding his comments but no Approve/Reject ability.. PM's Workflow Approval task list shows the task as "Not Started", is this right??

------------Workflow History------------

8:41 AM Workflow Initiated System Account projectSequence1: Completed successfully.
    8:41 AM Comment System Account setTaskInfoCollection: Completed successfully.
    8:41 AM Comment System Account setLeadApprovalStage: Completed successfully.
    8:41 AM Comment System Account Waiting for PM to Approve the project

-----------Workflow Status-----------------

Workflow Phase: NHTSA Create Project = Completed 
      --NHTSA Task Info Collection 
      --Completed        
      --All required fields for this stage have been filled.
      Workflow Phase: NHTSA COTR Approval  = In Progress 
      --COTR Approval Stage   
      --In Progress (Waiting for Approval) 
      --Waiting for PM to Approve the project

Maha

• Edited by mahaflame Friday, August 3, 2012 2:47 PM edit
    Friday, August 3, 2012 1:27 PM

Answers

• at least in my case this was the issue. Though I have the "Content Approvel ID" hardcoded to the right Approval screen object, it did not show that up when Edit Item was clicked (in the Workflow Approval Items). After a long struggle and with a help of another expert from this forum, figured it out.

Navigate to

Site Actions -> View All Site Content -> Project Server Workflow Tasks -> List (select List tab at the top level menu) -> List Settings (button the ribbon)

Under Content Types header (it lists the screen objects included for the workflow). I did not see the PWSApprovalTask in the list. Use the "Add from existing site content types" at the bottom of the Content Types list to add the PWSApprovalTask  to the list.

I restarted the workflow project item and now the approval manager can see the Approve/Reject screen when he navigates to "Workflow Approval" screen, click on Edit Item on a select task.

Thanks to the forum member who helped me, credit goes to him

Maha

• Marked as answer by mahaflame Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:25 PM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:23 PM

All replies

• at least in my case this was the issue. Though I have the "Content Approvel ID" hardcoded to the right Approval screen object, it did not show that up when Edit Item was clicked (in the Workflow Approval Items). After a long struggle and with a help of another expert from this forum, figured it out.

Navigate to

Site Actions -> View All Site Content -> Project Server Workflow Tasks -> List (select List tab at the top level menu) -> List Settings (button the ribbon)

Under Content Types header (it lists the screen objects included for the workflow). I did not see the PWSApprovalTask in the list. Use the "Add from existing site content types" at the bottom of the Content Types list to add the PWSApprovalTask  to the list.

I restarted the workflow project item and now the approval manager can see the Approve/Reject screen when he navigates to "Workflow Approval" screen, click on Edit Item on a select task.

Thanks to the forum member who helped me, credit goes to him

Maha

• Marked as answer by mahaflame Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:25 PM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:23 PM
  • Maha, I tried your solution and then went into the workflow approvals, edited the item and selected PWSApprovalTask as the content type and recieved the following error:

This list item has not been created
    by a workflow. You cannot apply this content type

Any ideas?

Friday, September 6, 2013 1:17 PM