none
Project Web App 2013 formula to change value of field RRS feed

• Question

• So far I have been able to customize my ECF’s and have them working the way that I need but now leadership wants to push a bit further of course. So I have a Task Level field that captures the Health I.E. Upcoming Task, Future Task, Late, On Schedule, At Risk, Complete and On Hold in addition to a matching indicator field. On Hold is handled with another column that if the integer 1 is selected in that column it updates the Task Health and indicator value to On Hold, precisely what I wanted it to do.

However, if a task or milestone is placed on hold the values there before marking on hold still impacts the overall schedule, so if that task is running late when being placed on hold it still has impact. We do NOT want it to have impact. Proposed Scenario: Use another CEF to automatically capture the % Complete value to store until the task is made active again and update % complete to 100%. I have tried various ways to make this happen, workflow, modifying the current formula for the Task Health, etc…nothing is working. I am wondering if someone might have an idea for a formula that would work.

Thursday, December 28, 2017 7:05 PM

All replies

• I am getting closer, the following formula DOES capture the % complete amount into the "Hold Update" field that  I need it to so the first half of this solution is working.

Switch([Hold Task] = 1, ([% Complete]))  Now what I need to add to it is once the % Complete value is captured in the "Hold Update"  field I need the % Complete field to update to 100% automatically without changing the value captured into the Hold Update field.

Thursday, December 28, 2017 7:36 PM
  • Tonya,

Sorry but you won't be able to control the value in the Percent Complete field using a formula. Custom field formulas can only create/change values in other custom fields, they cannot change values in fields calculated by Project (e.g. % Complete). In order to do what you want you will need VBA.

John

Friday, December 29, 2017 2:31 PM