none
Report Viewer won't display chart reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've written an application that uses .rdlc reports to display charts plotted from database data. 

When i create a setup file, and test on my computer (Runs on Windows 10 Pro. x64) It runs okay and the chart reports display correctly. However, when i test the application on another computer (Virtual machine running on Windows 7 Pro. x64) the software installs okay, works okay, but when I call the chart reports, the following is displayed in the report viewer:

An error occured during local report processing.

The definition of the report " is invalid.
    An unexpected error occured in Report Processing.
    Could not load file or assembly 
    'Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel, 
    Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, 
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. 
    The System cannot find the file specified.

What could the issue be ? How can I resolve this ? I've included the .rdlc files in the /bin/release output directory so they are deployed along with the app. In Visual studio, I left them as 'Embedded Resource' With copy Local set to "true". There has been no change even after i set the rdlc files to "content" with copy local still set to "true"

Saturday, January 6, 2018 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hello Gold Arms,

The error message shows that the program doesn't find the required dll named "ProcessingObjectModel" in the virtual machine. You could run the below command to check whether the dll exists.

run cmd.exe>> enter "cd c:/windows" >>input "dir /s Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll"

If the dll doesn't exist, you could download reportViewer redistributable version here.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=49981

And there is a post that has same question as yours. you could take reference with it.

Best regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Gold Arms Monday, January 8, 2018 12:54 PM
    Monday, January 8, 2018 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hello Gold Arms,

The error message shows that the program doesn't find the required dll named "ProcessingObjectModel" in the virtual machine. You could run the below command to check whether the dll exists.

run cmd.exe>> enter "cd c:/windows" >>input "dir /s Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll"

If the dll doesn't exist, you could download reportViewer redistributable version here.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=49981

And there is a post that has same question as yours. you could take reference with it.

Best regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Gold Arms Monday, January 8, 2018 12:54 PM
    Monday, January 8, 2018 5:54 AM
  • Hello Fei Hu

I'm grateful for your response. Thanks to that I've been able to resolve the issue. I sought this file Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll copied and included it in my output directory and it did the trick.

Thanks Again !

Monday, January 8, 2018 12:57 PM