Help! Deployment to SharePoint issue: How to create application permissions for an O365 SharePoint application? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We've created an LS2012 HTML Client application for SharePoint.  Everything is work great.  Now, we need to deploy our application to our O365 SharePoint site.  In our VS solution we have two permissions defined -- ABCUser, ABCAdmin.  How do I create these permissions in our O365 SharePoint site and assign SharePoint users to them?  I've scoured the net have not found any information about this deployment issue.  I'd really appreciate your help and comments.

Thanks,

Mike

Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Currently, there is no way to use LightSwitch Permissions when publishing to SharePoint. Authentication and Authorization are handled by SharePoint.

• Marked as answer by A Bit of Help Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:17 PM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Hi,

Currently we don't support it will wont be available in the upcoming VS2013 release.

The only option you have is to implement it by yourself by using SharePoint groups in your code.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Currently, there is no way to use LightSwitch Permissions when publishing to SharePoint. Authentication and Authorization are handled by SharePoint.

Monday, September 30, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Thank you for your response, Amr!  I've been searching everywhere trying to figure out this question.  So, at this time, LS permissions cannot be used in SharePoint applications on all three tiers.

Do you know whether this ability is on the list of future features for LS?

Do you know whether this ability will be available in the upcoming VS2013 release?

Thank you for your help!

Mike

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:04 PM
  • Hi,

Currently we don't support it will wont be available in the upcoming VS2013 release.

The only option you have is to implement it by yourself by using SharePoint groups in your code.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:50 PM
  • Thank you for your response, Amr!  I'll investigate your suggestion.  If possible, please pass along this request to the LS development team, although I am sure that it must already be on their list. :)
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:17 PM