none
MSDN Gallery RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I am the product planner for the MSDN Gallery (http://code.msdn.microsoft.com) site and would like to get your feedback/requests for some new features that you would like to see in the next version of Gallery.

MSDN Gallery allows for hosting and sharing of code samples. Anyone with Windows Live ID can share their samples to the larger Developer community. Some of the features we will be adding in the next release are:

1. Product integration - Samples rendering inside Visual Studio
    2. More community features - Example: Ratings
    3. Additional language support beyond English

What other features would you like to see in the next release?

Any feedback/suggestions, please feel free to write here.

Thanks,

Amar (MSFT)
    Product Planner, Gallery
    Monday, December 1, 2008 8:01 PM

All replies

• Amar,
    I was aware of code.msdn.microsoft.com but had never published anything on it.

Here is a first impression.

I just went there and registered.  My first impression - what the heck is a resource page?  
    I signed up to contribute code but it asked me to publish a resource page, including specifying a URL for the page.  I don't know what the "Resource Page" is intended to represent.  Is it a single example?  A group of examples?  All examples from a single person?

The text on the "Define your resource page" wizard say that I can "invite other people".   I don't know what that implies either.

After fiddling around with it, it becomes clearer.  I also found the guide.  But at first, I had landed in the Resource Page Wizard without much context.

FWIW

Also, it is REALLY slow.  Slow to upload releases.  Unreliable when refreshing the page.  Really bad. 
    • Edited by cheeso Sunday, January 4, 2009 2:22 AM more comments
    Sunday, January 4, 2009 1:54 AM