none
Azure Service for COBOL CopyBook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is there any Service on Azure which can read COBOL Copybook and create CSV/XML files?

We are pulling Mainframe data in FTP location. And need to read Copy Book and merge with data and push to Azure BLOB Storage.

Please let us know if any other work around on this

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Peer Md.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 3:02 AM

Answers

• A COBOL copy book contains COBOL source code so it must be read by a COBOL compiler. Based on Mainframe workloads supported on Azure I assume that what you are looking for is not a feature of Azure but is instead a feature of whatever compiler you are using. If you have not yet funded a compiler then you should analyze the vendors in that list. My guess is that you will need to write a simple program to pull a copy book and write it out. You probably need to compile the program with minor modifications for each copy book.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:02 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:07 AM

All replies

• A COBOL copy book contains COBOL source code so it must be read by a COBOL compiler. Based on Mainframe workloads supported on Azure I assume that what you are looking for is not a feature of Azure but is instead a feature of whatever compiler you are using. If you have not yet funded a compiler then you should analyze the vendors in that list. My guess is that you will need to write a simple program to pull a copy book and write it out. You probably need to compile the program with minor modifications for each copy book.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:02 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:07 AM
  • @Peer Mohamed - BLR Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:43 PM
  • Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, December 16, 2019 9:10 AM