none
Is it possible to create a PSI\Event handler which automates Send Status from the timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm just trying to find out if it is possible to automate the process of Sending Status from the Timesheet in PS 2010.

We are using SEM and inputting all time via the Timesheet.  We've hit upon an issue recently where some users are not hitting Send Status, which is causing us problems.

So, is there a way in which we can automate this somehow and what would be the best process?

Any ideas\thoughts greatly received.

Thanks,

Lee

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Did you try the "Single entry mode" ?
    Server Settings > Timesheet Settings and Defaults

It "merges" timesheets and "my tasks".

Hope it can helps.

Nicolas Mattioni

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:16 PM
  • Hi Nicolas,

As I mentioned, we are using Single Entry Mode.

Thanks,

Lee

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 4:03 PM
  • The best solutions seems to me is to educate your users.

Thanks, Kashif

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:16 PM
  • Kashif,

Unfortunately you cannot educate for human errors\forgetfulness!!

Thursday, April 5, 2012 7:51 AM
  • Lee,

I can understand that but I've experienced users forget to do basic things such as clicking on a button. Yes for this reason we make checks and validate before user navigates to other page and show proper message to take actions.

What I can suggest is that develop a custom web part that just have javascript that validates this. You've to do some RnD for this.

Thanks

Thanks, Kashif

Thursday, April 5, 2012 9:40 AM
  • Lee,

I would suggest a scheduled report or workflow that comes through at a designated time and looks for timesheets that have data but have not been submitted and notifies the timesheet owner and manager that a submit is required.

You would be surprised what copying their manager can do for user forgetfulness ;)

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

• Marked as answer by Lee Stokes Friday, April 13, 2012 2:35 PM
    Friday, April 13, 2012 12:44 PM
  • Thanks Alexander,

I created a report and have it scheduled, as you suggested.

Friday, April 13, 2012 2:35 PM