Publish a web application which uses csv files RRS feed

• Question

• User2074777333 posted

Hi,

I have a web application, and I try to publish it. BUt I think that I can not manage because of the csv format files that it uses. It reads the csv files. I tried to change the path, but it didn't succeed. 

Can anybody help me please?

Thank you.

P.S. I tried with another web form and it was ok, it published, but it doesn't uses csv files. It is much simpler.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 7:09 PM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

it didn't succeed

What happened? Did you get error messages? Can you provide more detail about the site and the steps you took to publish it?

Friday, April 3, 2015 5:50 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

If you show us the error message you got, we can give more precise troubleshooting for you.

First I’d like to suggest you to enable the failed Request Tracing in IIS, this will give us some hint on why a request has failed.

Here are some deployment strategies, please follow the steps, and check whether it has same issue. Check out https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd394698.aspx for further information.

Best regards,

Angie

Friday, April 10, 2015 3:13 AM
  • User1302309209 posted

You have to put your csv file to App_Data folder for security reason.

App_Data is special folder in ASP.NET than only readable by application. User unable to download/access directly to that folder.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 5:19 PM