How to re-enable the Analysis Services application add-in? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
     I've been running PowerPivot CTP3 for a couple of weeks already, but today after rebooting the PC (windows 7 64bit), the PowerPivot ribbon has dissapeared.
     At this moment I can see the Analysis Services add-in listed as 'Disabled' in the Excel Options Add-ins section, but I cannot find a way to re-enable it.
     Any suggestion?

Thanks, Santiago.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Darren,
     Thanks for the tip. Actually it didn't work the first time, but I noticed that I had to go first to the "Disabled items" section (a message was saying that the item was disabled because it caused a malfuction the last time it run) and remove it from there. After doing that, I repeated the steps you indicated above and now PowerPivot is back.

Thanks!
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:08 PM

All replies

• In the Add-ins section under Excel Options there is a little dropdown at the bottom of the list that says "Manage:" if you change to "COM Add-ins" and click on the "Go..." button it will bring up another dialog box where you can tick to enable the addin, then click OK.
    http://geekswithblogs.net/darrengosbell - please mark correct answers
    • Proposed as answer by Vidas Matelis Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 12:49 AM
  • Hi Darren,
     Thanks for the tip. Actually it didn't work the first time, but I noticed that I had to go first to the "Disabled items" section (a message was saying that the item was disabled because it caused a malfuction the last time it run) and remove it from there. After doing that, I repeated the steps you indicated above and now PowerPivot is back.

Thanks!
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:08 PM