none
Multi Reportviewer Versions RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering can MS reportviewer version 9.0 and version 10.0 run on the same server at the same time or will one over write the other? We have been given new Windows 7 machines with VS 2010 recently, and I noticed when I went to test my project and ran a report it errored and I had to point everything from version 9 to reportviewer version 10. We have some older projects using reportviewer version 9.0, I would like to know if I can install version 10 on the same server without having to make code changes to the current projects.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 1:36 PM

All replies

• My understanding is that you can. Part of .Net is the ability to support multiple versions of an object without confusion. All the being said, I would try it first before putting on a production machine. I have three versions of report viewer running on my test machine, code from VS2005, VS2008, and VS2010.

Give it a try.

Bernie

• Proposed as answer by BernieHunt Tuesday, August 3, 2010 6:04 PM
    Monday, August 2, 2010 10:31 PM
  • Yes you can have multiple versions of the control installed on a single machine and have projects that target each version of the contorl. The one thing you cannot do is load the 9.0 and 10.0 version of the control in the same process.

Matt M.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 5:35 PM