Virtual simulation in MSRDS RRS feed

• Question

• can somebody please tell me how to vitually simulate my entry in msrds.
    as simply i developed a voice generation program in VPL. now if i want to add this to my robot , how can i do that using MSRDS, i mean the simulation part????
    Sunday, November 9, 2008 1:52 PM

Answers

• To save him the trouble of recommending himself, I will recommend Trevor's book, Professional Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio, published by WROX.  You can find the web site at www.promrds.com, which contains all of the demo code from the book. 

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:00 PM

All replies

• This should probably be in the simulation forum, so I will move it there once you respond.

I don't quite understand your question. What do you want to simulate? Text To Speech will work regardless of the type of robot you are controlling, i.e. whether it is simulated or not makes no difference.

Do you already have a simulated robot, or are you asking how to write one? Can you use one of the existing simulated robots?

Trevor

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 7:30 AM
  •  Trevor Taylor [MSFT] wrote:

This should probably be in the simulation forum, so I will move it there once you respond.

I don't quite understand your question. What do you want to simulate? Text To Speech will work regardless of the type of robot you are controlling, i.e. whether it is simulated or not makes no difference.

Do you already have a simulated robot, or are you asking how to write one? Can you use one of the existing simulated robots?

Trevor

Actually i'm trying to write a new robot and in particular its sumo challenge, but as you can see i,m just confused, from where to start?
    Friday, November 14, 2008 11:33 AM
  • The Sumo Challenge is a special case. You do not have to write a simulated robot because the simulation is already written for you. All you have to do is write the control logic for your Sumo entry. The Sumo Challenge on RoboChamps provides you with sample code and actually tells you where to insert your code.

Trevor

Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:02 PM
  •  Trevor Taylor [MSFT] wrote:

The Sumo Challenge is a special case. You do not have to write a simulated robot because the simulation is already written for you. All you have to do is write the control logic for your Sumo entry. The Sumo Challenge on RoboChamps provides you with sample code and actually tells you where to insert your code.

Trevor

thans trevor it worked. i was also doubting if i can get any printed material like a book or something on MSRDS? can you suggest any good one to me??
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:11 PM
  • To save him the trouble of recommending himself, I will recommend Trevor's book, Professional Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio, published by WROX.  You can find the web site at www.promrds.com, which contains all of the demo code from the book. 

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:00 PM