none
Complete uninstall Process for Exchange Server 2016 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have fresh Exchange Server Installation in my organization, I have faced several issue which is cannot be solved over the month there for I have planned to remove complete exchange server from the server. That I will need advice for remove everything such as:

If anything related to exchange Server in,

ADSI Edit

IIS

Regedit

Active Directory

Add Remove Program

Remove Roles & Features 

Act........

My Main Purpose of this removal is installation of exchange Server 2016 from the beginning again.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 1:27 PM

All replies

• Just uninstall exchange from the setup and it will remove all you need to remove. 

When you rerun adprep etc it will validate the needed groups and recreate where needed. 

if your server is in a bad state where you cant uninstall than recover the server first with the setup /recover switch and perform clean uninstall. 

regedt , roles and feature are not interesting as exchange saves all crucial data in AD. so installing a fresh OS with a fresh exchange will do what you want.

MCSA exchange 2016 | MCTS exchange 2013 | MCTS-MCITP exchange 2010 | MCTS-MCITP Exchange: 2007 | MCSA Messaging: 2003 | MCP windows 2000

Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:11 PM
  • Thanks for your Reply,

After my studies past few days over the internet and some test environment, just uninstall from the setup will not do complete uninstall, it will need delete mailbox manually, IIS, RegEdit exchange entries, ADSI and Active Directory some users act... If I am wrong here anyone can correct me

Thanks Again

Sunday, January 27, 2019 5:47 PM