none
Navigation Buttons for a Split Form in Datasheet Mode. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a form that opens as a Split Form in Default View.  When I switch the View over to Datasheet mode, I lose the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen (first, prev, next last, add, etc.).  If I change the form to Default View: Datasheet, I get them back.  On another split form in the same application, if I switch over to datasheet mode, I lose the navigation buttons there as well.

So, my question is, if you have a Form that's designed to open in Split Form as the Default View, and you switch over to the Datasheet view, do you always lose the navigation icons?  Or, is there a way to get them back?

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting a sample. I see what you mean. The reason why I wasn't having the same issue is because I prefer my datasheet section at the bottom of the form. For example, if you take the sample database you posted and set the datasheet portion of the split form to be at the bottom, you should see the navigation buttons stay when you switch to Datasheet view.

Hope it helps...

• Marked as answer by Shonenknife_ Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:00 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I just gave it a try and switched a split form to datasheet but did not lose the navigation buttons. Do you have the Navigation Buttons set to "Yes?"

Just curious...

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:04 AM
  • I do.  I just created a new instance in a new accdb file, and got the same behavior.  I uploaded it if you'd like to see it...
    https://expirebox.com/download/dd89215795d44c0e70df8d88995f1029.html

Just open Form1.  Notice the navigation buttons are present, but when you switch to Datasheet, they're missing.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:43 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting a sample. I see what you mean. The reason why I wasn't having the same issue is because I prefer my datasheet section at the bottom of the form. For example, if you take the sample database you posted and set the datasheet portion of the split form to be at the bottom, you should see the navigation buttons stay when you switch to Datasheet view.

Hope it helps...

• Marked as answer by Shonenknife_ Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:00 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:24 AM
  • That's crazy!  I never would have thought that would have made any difference at all.  I wonder if that's a bug in Access... otherwise, I can't imagine why that would be by design.  Thanks for your help, tho!

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:00 PM
  • Hi,

It could have been an oversight. If not already submitted, you might consider adding it to the list of requests at the Access User Voice website.

Good luck with your project.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:06 PM