none
Receiving a Native compiler error from a report built in VS2015. Hoping for help diagnosing it RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving a Native Compiler Error from my application. After google-ing a bunch, I found some answers that lead me here, but none with the same error code that I am getting. The native compiler return value is '-2147024770'. 

It is showing  when the user tries to print a report from the application. The Report was built in an RDLC format and in Visual Studio 2015, by me. 

What is more puzzling is that this is only happening on 1 of the 200 computers my application is installed on.

Any help given to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated

• Edited by coey235 Monday, May 8, 2017 5:38 PM edit syntax
    Monday, May 8, 2017 5:35 PM

All replies

• Hi coey235,

According to your description, it does not work on one of the 200 machines, I would suggest that you could compare the version report, related config parameters. the version of .net framework with worked machine.

If the issue still exist, could you please share a simple demo which could reproduce the issue on my side via OneDrive.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 2:55 AM
  • Cole,

When I compared the system to a known working system there arent any differences. I uninstalled the application form the users computer then re-installed the application, without any change in the behavior, or the error code. I then did a full system re-image on the machine(WIN7 32-bit), just in case I missed something on the system comparison. There was still no change in the behavior.  

Unfortunately, I cannot recreate the error on any machine I have direct access to. I guess that is kind of the hard part of all of it. 

Is there any help that you could provide?

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 6:01 PM
  • Hi coey235,

What kind of project template you are using, please build the project by using msbuild command and check if it works for you.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 15, 2017 1:46 AM