none
SharePoint Hosted App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a functionality to be executed on particular Start Date mentioned in the list. Functionality to check whether any of the  list items has start date as today. If that condition satisfies, I need to do some functionality. Is there anyway I can achieve this in SharePoint Hosted app?

Thanks

Anju S Chandran

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:21 AM

All replies

• May be a workflow inside the SharePoint hosted addin list, which pauses the workflow till the start date once start date is reached, then execute some action.

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:09 AM
  • Use remote timer job

Can you check and try if this solution is feasible for your requirement.

https://github.com/OfficeDev/PnP/tree/master/Samples/Core.SimpleTimerJob

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:34 AM
  • Hi Ton,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using SharePoint online. Seems the above example explains the server side coding. So, I don't think this is a feasible solution for my requirement.

• Edited by Anju Kiran Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:07 AM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:06 AM
  • Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply.

Is that the proper way of doing pause till start date in workflow? Also in which event the workflow will be triggered. The functionality I would like to implement in that workflow is to create and update permissions for the list item. Is that possible using workflow?

• Edited by Anju Kiran Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:17 AM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:11 AM
  • Hi

i recommend you a scheduled powershell script ( running form another machine - not SP server )

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:18 AM
  • hi again

becasue you are using SP Online , you should use CSOM Powershell

http://www.sharepointnutsandbolts.com/2013/12/Using-CSOM-in-PowerShell-scripts-with-Office365.html

Let me know if you need more details

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:20 AM
  • Hi Ton,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using SharePoint online. Seems the above example explains the server side coding. So, I don't think this is a feasible solution for my requirement.

Hello,

you will be creating the timer job in azure and it will interact with you sharepoint online site. Please check video

https://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Office-365-Dev/Simple-remote-timer-job-that-interacts-with-SharePoint-Online-Office-365-Developer-Patterns-and-Prac

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:56 AM
  • Hi Romeo,

Thanks for the reply.

Do we need a separate machine for running the power shell for Office 365? Please note this is SharePoint Hosted App.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:10 AM
  • Hi

yes, SP online is hosted on cloud, you will run scheduled scripts from on-premises

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:33 AM