Use an Overlay audio to override the media audio RRS feed

• Question

• ... Just starting to use this product, so this is maybe obvious [to others]

I have an mpg file, cropped and snipped to capture a short speech.

I have an intro Jpg thumbnail to introduce the speaker.

I also have a short piece of music as an intro and I want that to fade to the speaker.

I want to delete just the audio in the mpg line, up to the point where the speaker starts the speech.

How do I do that?

regards ,
    Duncan .

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 10:27 AM

Answers

• I'll start by saying that an Encoder is most probably not the right tool for what you are trying to accomplish. A proper NLE will be able to easily do this.

As far as attempting to do this with Encoder, here's a solution: import your MPG file twice, split it exactly at the same spot where you want the audio to start. Keep the first part of the file on the first mediaitem, and the last part on the second one. Choose encoding settings that supports "Source" profile, which will enable you to stitch them together later (CBR for example). Since you don't want audio on the first mediaitem, uncheck the Audio checkbox in the Encoder tab. Encode both mediaitem. Then start a new project by importing both output files as clips. Add your jpg at the front as an overlay or a clip. Add your background music as an audio overlay and overlap it on the jpg and first clip. Encode as Source profile to minimize the transcoding.

As you can see, Encoder is not really designed to make this case simple and a NLE would be the appropriate tool for such scenarios.

• Proposed as answer by Eric JuteauModerator Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by TheCTOSian2 Wednesday, November 10, 2010 10:34 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by TheCTOSian2 Wednesday, November 10, 2010 10:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by TheCTOSian2 Wednesday, November 10, 2010 10:35 PM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:17 PM