Error running report RRS feed

• Question

• User-90830185 posted

On my local server my *.rdlc reports work find, however after copying over to the web hosting server I am getting the following error:

An error occurred during local report processing.
    The definition of the report 'h:\root\home\******\ReportDistForm.rdlc' is invalid.
    An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing.
    Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Types, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Any idea how to fix this please?

Monday, May 9, 2016 11:31 AM

Answers

• User-219423983 posted

Hi Moodhi,

The definition of the report 'h:\root\home\******\ReportDistForm.rdlc' is invalid.

For this error, you should make sure “h:\root\home\******\ReportDistForm.rdlc” could be access normally, maybe this location path is not right in your new server.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Types, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

As the error message shows, you should check the version “'Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.dll” in the bin folder to make sure it’s 12.0.0.0 or not. If there’re a newest version in it, you’d better follow below link to check and then modify the web.config file. If there’s no the dll file, you’d better copy one into your new server.

https://michaelmairegger.wordpress.com/2014/02/20/the-located-assemblys-manifest-definition-does-not-match-the-assembly-reference/

Best Regards,

Weibo Zhang

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2016 5:19 AM